PR Officer - Charity
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s biggest charities? A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Press Officer to join a huge charity and work on creating creative campaigns, helping to run PR operations, working on national campaigns and working alongside a fantastic team. This is a really varied role and the ideal candidate will have to have experience of creating national campaigns, lots of media relations experience and a real interest and passion for charity.
- Providing a critical supporting role to the PR Manager, assisting in the preparation and delivery of PR campaigns
- Researching, developing and coordinating media campaigns on behalf of the charity – writing press releases, external publications, writing speeches etc.
- Maintaining a solid and growing network of stakeholder relationships among influencers, decision makers, partner organisations and media assets
- Providing event management assistance in support of PR, fundraising and welfare objectives
- Developing good relationships with the media, including national newspapers, magazines, radio and television
- A genuine passion for the charity sector (previous experience desirable)
- Ability to talk confidently to the media to promote stories of interest
- Solid communications experience that focuses on issues and human interest stories
- Good experience managing media events
- A creative, proactive attitude
If you would like to apply for this role, please can you send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org